Somewhere on the road less traveled

I am a 34 year old who recently retired, sold my home and possessions and bought an RV so I can travel America. Please come along on my adventure by following me here. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I live in a very small house, but my window looks out on a very large world."-Thoreau

6/22/2006

Going to Nova Scotia but...

...not by ferry. Called to make my reservation the other day and the price had gone from just over $400 to almost $1,ooo due to peak season pricing going into effect this week. That's 4,000 miles worth of diesel at current prices so I decided to forgo the boat ride. I was going to just not go but I have decided to drive over through New Brunswick and get to Nova Scotia that way. Spent the last few days in Hampton Beach State Park in New Hampshire which was nice. Got some sun and even went out on a fishing boat for the day. Caught 3 haddock and 1 cod but none were keepers so no fresh fish or pictures but I did really enjoy myself. Hopefully my next update is all about my weekend in a foreign country but we'll see. Gonna get back on the road now so take care, Jim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the beautiful scenery on the road to NB and NS. Be safe

Walt & Anita

6/23/2006 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
I am a friend of Jens, and she told me about your website and I looked at it. I think It is great and I envy your courage for following your dreams and finding yourself! You have met me a few times at Gilligans, but I am not sure if you remember me, I am short, blonde kinda chubby, Anyways! I hope you are having as good of a time as your blog says you are! I hope that you continue to enjoy your time alone with yourself. I think that sometimes time alone is better than time with anybody! I hope that I sometime have chance to do what you are doing, but I am going to have a baby in 4 months, so it is going to at least 20 yrs before I have enough time to myself to shower alone, let alone cruise the United States and Canada. Good luck on your journey , and keep writing on your website, because ever since Jen told me about it tonight I have been using it as a little escape of my own! Ha,Ha! Its cool to feel like I am with you seeing the sights and enjoying my own company. Keep it up, your page is awesome and I enjoy reading it!
Your new friend and reader,
Nicole Schwartz
(Jen's Friend from Sarasota)

6/24/2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home