Somewhere on the road less traveled

I am a 34 year old who recently retired, sold my home and possessions and bought an RV so I can travel America. Please come along on my adventure by following me here. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I live in a very small house, but my window looks out on a very large world."-Thoreau

6/09/2008

My friend needs your prayers....

...I introduced you all to Walt and Anita, some friends of mine, in my June 10, 2006 post and now I would like to ask for your best wishes for Anita. She is going through some serious medical issues and had to undergo brain surgery the other day. She seems to be doing well right now but has another surgery ahead of her. She and her family need all the thoughts and prayers you all can send their way right now.
No real new news with me. I've been working a bunch, both at the lodge and an extra job to make some money for my Alaska trip. Our summer season kicks off June 22nd when our first group checks in. After that we will stay pretty busy through the middle of August so time should fly by. I want to let everyone know that I have booked my next cruise. I will be on the October 4th, 2009 Freedom of the Seas. This is my open invitation to all my friends and family to join me. Good rates right now and lots of time to save money. It will be a fun time. To end I am putting up a picture I took Sunday, June 8th. It is here at the lodge. Something I have never seen before that is for sure. Take care all, Jim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jim, it has been quite a journey. I'm doing real well now thanks to the prayers and words of encouragement from friends like you and of course my family. Thank you for the lovely card. Thanks to Jim & Lynn Shields as well.

I am able to do the cooking again. I am able to walk a 1/2 mile. We try to walk every day.

Thank you again.

Anita (Walt,too).

8/28/2008 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home