Somewhere on the road less traveled

I am a 34 year old who recently retired, sold my home and possessions and bought an RV so I can travel America. Please come along on my adventure by following me here. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I live in a very small house, but my window looks out on a very large world."-Thoreau

10/21/2007

Winter wonderland...

...here in beautiful Winter Park. We had snow last weekend both days and then all day Wednesday. Then last night into today it snowed some more. Quite pretty here now but unfortunately it is supposed to be warm most of the week so I don't know how much will last. For those who don't know I am going to be working at the lodge this winter and also working for the snow removal company my boss owns. The days I have to get up at 3 am and plow will be long but it will give me the chance to make quite a bit more money this winter. I was out this morning doing some plowing which was fun. It will definitely be interesting the first big storm we get being out with all eight trucks and trying to learn all the driveways in the dark. Going to be a fun winter though. On a different note I am trying to decide about some more photography classes next year. The workshop I really, really want to do is in Alaska and one of the instructors is Doug Johnson, who was an assistant on the two course I took in Missoula. It is ten days long and spends time on both the coast and inland. What is making the decision hard is it is not cheap! Part of me says why I work is so I can travel and do things I enjoy. The other says I could find a less expensive workshop or maybe do two with that money. AAArgh decisions decisions. Anyway that's about all from here. Just getting ready for our winter season to start and ready to hit the slopes. Take care, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home