Somewhere on the road less traveled

I am a 34 year old who recently retired, sold my home and possessions and bought an RV so I can travel America. Please come along on my adventure by following me here. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I live in a very small house, but my window looks out on a very large world."-Thoreau

11/28/2006

Reality check...

...is the only to describe my mood right now. I found out tonight that a friend of mine was killed in Iraq on Thanksgiving day. His name is Jim Priestap and we used to carpool to work together as deputies in Sarasota. He was one of the nicest people I have ever known and a good man. After deploying with his reserve unit in Florida and coming home safely Jim decided to move back to Michigan where he and his wife were from. He joined a military police unit there and deployed with them. He was shot and killed while working a checkpoint is the information I have found. Please pray for his wife and children during this terrible time. God bless all who serve and be with there families. Rest in peace Jim, you have earned it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim-though I have not left a comment before-and I have been enjoying your travels, your last blog got to me and I must say how sorry I am. I really hate this war and what it is doing to good people!!
Take care of yourself!!

11/29/2006 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim-I am sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Being here on Ft. Drum it is all to common to hear the bad news coming down that someones loved one was killed in war. Thinking about you.-Sonya

11/29/2006 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim I am so sorry to hear this. How awful for his wife, family and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

11/29/2006 6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JIM - ITS HARD TO EVEN PUT WORDS TO HOW SAD THIS MAKES ME FEEL - MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND HIS FAMILY. I LOVE YOU BRO!!
-- JENNIFER

11/29/2006 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, I'm crying right now. that hits home, as i'm sure you know. i'm so sorry for your friend's family, this must be so hard for them. here i was just so thankful on Thanksgiving that Steve was home from Iraq and there is someone else out there who is suffering so much. when will it ever end?

stace

11/29/2006 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home