Somewhere on the road less traveled

I am a 34 year old who recently retired, sold my home and possessions and bought an RV so I can travel America. Please come along on my adventure by following me here. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I live in a very small house, but my window looks out on a very large world."-Thoreau

11/27/2006

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving...

...here in Colorado. It was a beautiful day and everything went very smoothly. We fried two 20 pound turkeys which were delicious and had a very nice meal. I ate far to much of course but I was not the only one to do that I'm sure. We had no guests over the weekend so it was nice and relaxing especially since I had both days off. Went skiing again this Sunday and once again it was amazing. Great weather and no lines at all, a great combo. After almost a month here I really think this is going to be an amazing winter. I have a great job that will get even easier when the rest of the staff arrives. The owners take great care of us and I am definitely eating well. I still have a hard time believing that this is all real. Speaking of staff, we had a girl arrive Saturday who is going to be the nanny and Wednesday we get our second cook and another driver/ maintenance guy. Then over the next week we get a bunch more staff so it will be fun meeting everybody. The lodge has a few guest here and there over the next few weeks but come the middle of December we get very busy and stay that way through February. Should be interesting. Something else that is new is I have gone ahead and made the investment in a really nice camera and lens. Still need to buy a tripod and some other things but I have started playing with the camera and hopefully get it figured out soon. Looking forward to getting out on some of my days off and hiking around and hopefully getting some great pictures. It is quite a bit more advanced than my current camera but that will be part of the fun. I don't think there is anything else new or exciting here so I will go. Have a great week and take care, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home