Somewhere on the road less traveled

I am a 34 year old who recently retired, sold my home and possessions and bought an RV so I can travel America. Please come along on my adventure by following me here. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

"I live in a very small house, but my window looks out on a very large world."-Thoreau

8/10/2006

Wolf Park was closed...

...so I went to Michigan instead. The park was closed when I got there and was going to be closed the next day as well. It's no big deal though because I will get to go September 15th on my way to Indianapolis. The 15th is a Friday which will be a better day to go anyway because on Friday and Saturday nights visitors can go out and howl with the wolves. That sounds pretty cool to me. So now I am in Michigan. I am staying at a county park called Pioneer Park right on Lake Michigan. It is in Muskegon county. I was there last night and will stay tonight, then I go north to a state park that I can't remember the name of. The park I am in now is very nice. It has a beautiful beach seperated from the park by a huge dune. Sunset last night was quite pretty and I'm sure tonights will be as well. My phone and air card don't work out in the park but I rode my bike into town to mail the application out today and brought the laptop along in the hopes I would be able to post an update. Gald I did. I was talking to a ranger this morning and asking where a store was I could buy an envelope and get a picture developed etc. I told her I was going to ride my bike and so she gave me directions. I asked how far and she said "not far, just up the road a bit". Well about seven miles later here I am so I guess I know what "a bit" is to a Michiganer. It was a nice ride though and I was planning on getting some exercise today so it's all good. Well I'm going to go and enjoy the rest of a gorgeous day. As I keep going north I don't know how long I will still have coverage so I may disappear for a bit, but I plan on making my way around the top of the state and going over into Wisconsin next week. I will update as I can and hopefully have some great pictures as well. Take care for now, Jim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,
you're in my neck of the woods. I just to live in Saginaw which is south on I-75. The area you are at is gorgeous and you should definitely see in the winter...it amazing when the lakes freeze. If I would of known you were going that way I would of recommended you stopped at Frankenmuth which is a little German town that has great food,lots and lots of beer, and the world's largest xmas store... but anyway maybe some other time. See ya bud and I'm glad you are having a great time.

8/17/2006 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home